The most innovative health and anti-aging tool ever developed. Every cell in your body contains thousands of tiny bubble-like structures called mitochondria. It is in these mitochondria that oxygen is converted to energy by burning fat and sugar. Bio-Energy Testing measures how well your mitochondria are functioning. Absolutely nothing is more critical to your health than mitochondrial function. Poor mitochondrial function is the root cause of every disease, obesity, and even the very process of aging itself. If your mitochondrial functioning is optimal, congratulations! If not, the information from Bio-Energy Testing can be used to determine what you need to do to correct the problem.
What Is Aging?
- Aging is not the same as just getting older. It is a medical term that refers to the progressive physical and mental deterioration that occurs as we get older.
- While aging is inevitable, the dramatic rate and extent of aging that is commonly seen today is not.
- The rate and extent of aging is solely dependent on energy production.
- Anti-aging specialists have long considered decreased energy production to be the result of the aging process, but Dr. Shallenberger demonstrates that decreased energy production is not a result of aging, but in fact is the cause of it! It occurs long before any sign or symptom of disease or aging.
- By maintaining youthful energy production as you grow older, you will be able to dramatically slow down your body’s aging process.
Why Is Energy Production So Important?
Every single aspect of your physiology from your ability to heal to your very thoughts themselves are 100% dependent on energy production.
The Energy Deficit Theory of Aging and Disease
- Degenerative disease and aging are preceded by a decrease in energy production.
- It is this decrease in energy production that causes degenerative disease and aging.
- Decreased energy production results from two commonly occurring states:
- Decreased fat metabolism.
- Decreased mitochondrial efficiency. Note that the mitochondria are the parts of the cell in which oxygen is converted to energy.
- The processes involved in aging and degenerative disease can be decelerated and even reversed by altering these two states to increase energy production.
- By measuring energy production dynamics Bio-Energy Testing® can determine what is required to increase your energy production to optimal levels.
What is Bio-Energy Testing®
Bio-Energy Testing® involves the use of a device connected to a computer that is able to measure how much oxygen the body uses and how much carbon dioxide the body is producing at a given time. A series of measurements are taken at rest and during a progressively more difficult exercise program. The Bio-Energy Testing® computer program then calculates:
- Your resting mitochondrial efficiency.
- Your resting fat metabolism.
- Your maximal mitochondrial efficiency.
- Your maximal fat metabolism.
Bio-Energy Testing® can also determine:
- Your optimum carbohydrate intake.
- Your optimum caloric intake.
- Your lung function.
- Your heart function.
- Your overall strength.
- Your optimum exercise levels.
- Your Biological Age.
How Does Bio-Energy Testing® Work?
- The Bio-Energy Testing analyzer measures oxygen consumption and carbon dioxide production.
- Oxygen consumption directly determines mitochondrial efficiency.
- Carbon dioxide production determines fat metabolism.
- Optimum carbohydrate intake is determined by the ratio of oxygen consumption to carbon dioxide production.
- Overall strength is determined by the amount of work you are capable of per unit of energy produced.
- The Bio-Energy Testing analyzer sorts and analyses an enormous amount of data and calculates your energy production dynamics under both basal and exercise conditions.
- Bio-Energy Testing algorithms present the results of these calculations in a way that can have immediate clinical relevance.
Who Should Be Tested?
- People who believe that it is more important to live well than to live long, and that ideally we can have both.
- People who want to finish out their lives in “great shape,” free in large part from the incapacity, limitations, and diseases that are so frequently affect the elderly.
- The key to achieving this is to optimize your energy production to youthful levels.
John's Case (A Case Study)
John (the name is fictitious, but the case is not) is a 64 year old man who loves life. He came to the clinic because he wants to be as healthy as he can be. He has known us for several years, and knows that being healthy is a lot more than just not being sick.
John had the usual symptoms typical of a man his age, noting a decrease in his physical and mental performance from what he had enjoyed as a young man. His comprehensive anti-aging evaluation revealed a healthy man with various commonly seen biochemical and hormonal imbalances.
His biological age was 76. That means that even though he was healthy and getting along just fine, his body had aged to the point that he was producing energy with an efficiency comparable to the average 76 year old. In the long run, this energy deficit was putting John's health in serious jeopardy. John knew he wasn't getting any younger, but he had underestimated just how fast he was losing ground over the years.
When he received the news John's response was, "I don't care what I have to do Doc, I just want to be healthy thirty years from now." Armed with this motivation and the information from his assessment, we established a targeted, individualized nutritional, hormonal, dietary, and exercise program for John.
The good news is that John really responded rapidly. Six months later his biological age was measured at 54, and he was feeling and performing on a much higher level than he had experienced for quite a few years. Within six months his body had gone from functioning like a 76 year old to that of a man over 20 years younger.
John's case is not all that unusual, and just underlines how effective currently available anti-aging strategies can be. Additionally, not only is he feeling better, but he has also reversed every single disease risk factor that we discovered. Taking care of sick people year after year made us realize long ago that improving vitality and preventing disease is a lot better than even the most remarkable cure.
Finding A Bio-Energy Testing® Center
Bio-Energy Testing® was first introduced to the health care profession in 2004, and since then new Centers have been continuously opening up in both the United States and around the world.
Want to learn more? Call us at 775-884-3990