Dr. Shallenberger is a six time grandfather and four time father. He is one of the originals. He has been practicing medicine since 1973 and has been a pioneer in alternative/integrative medicine since 1978. He is one of only 16 physicians in Nevada that are licensed both in conventional medicine as well as alternative and homeopathic medicine. This allows him to integrate the best of both approaches for optimal results.
Dr. Shallenberger has revolutionized the practice of anti-aging and preventive medicine by developing a method to measure mitochondrial function and oxygen utilization. He has written two popular books describing this method, The Type 2 Diabetes Breakthrough and Bursting With Energy, and has authored numerous papers in the international peer reviewed literature on ozone therapy and oxygen utilization. He is also the editor of Second Opinion alternative medical newsletter.
He is the developer of Prolozone®, an injection technique that has been shown to regenerate damaged joints, herniated discs, and degenerated joints, tendons, and soft tissues. He has just published the first paper on Prolozone Therapy in the Journal of Prolotherapy entitled, Prolozone – Regenerating Joints and Eliminating Pain.
- Dr. Shallenberger has just finished publication of his new book on ozone therapy entitled, The Principles and Applications of Ozone Therapy – A Practical Guideline For Physicians, available at www.amazon.com
- Dr. Shallenberger has just formed and incorporated the first medical ozone society in the United States, The American Academy of Ozonotherapy. He serves as president of the academy.
- Dr. Shallenberger has just been elected to serve as a charter member of the International Scientific Committee on Ozone Therapy.
- Dr. Shallenberger has been teaching doctors from all over the world how to use ozone therapy every year since 1993
- Dr. Shallenberger has authored numerous papers in the international peer reviewed literature on ozone therapy and oxygen utilization.
- Dr. Shallenberger holds the only patent on the use of respiratory gas analysis to determine mitochondrial function.
- Founding board member of the International Bio-Oxidative Medical Foundation.
- Clinical Instructor of Family Medicine at the U.C. Davis School of Medicine.
- Professor of Nutrition, John F. Kennedy University – Orinda, CA – 1984-1986
- Appointed by the governor of Nevada to serve on the Nevada State Board of Homeopathic Medical Examiners.
- Board certified by the American Board of Anti-Aging Medicine as a specialist in Anti-Aging Medicine.
Dr. Shallenberger has published several scientific and clinical papers, and has lectured extensively in the United States and abroad. He is best known for his research involving the use of ozone therapy for immune related disorders.
Dr. Shallenberger and the entire staff at The Nevada Center of Alternative and Anti-Aging Medicine are committed to providing you with the best and latest in biological and medical diagnosis and therapy. Additionally, we will supply you with all the information and support your need to get well in a sensitive and unhurried manner.